Thursday, August 29, 2013

Old Time Rock & Roll


I'd Rather Listen To Old Music Than Bad Music T-shirt
available at Hippie's Shop

You might look at my hair and my clothes some days and think you entered a time warp back to the 1970's but, for an old hippie, I listen to a fair amount of new music.  In fact, when it comes to music I am much more current and hip than my hip, younger wife who sometimes forgets that they didn't stop making music in 1989.

Still, as open minded and amazingly youthful as I am for my age, I have to agree with her that the sixties and seventies were overall the best decades for music.  And it's not just us old folks who think so.  Rock music of that era is called Classic Rock for a reason.  The bands and songs from that time have endured and continued to enthrall younger generations and I believe they always will.

So yes, I listen to some new music but not because it's new, because it's good.  And when it's not good, I thank God I can still change my dial to another radio station or switch on my mp3 player and hear a timeless rock anthem because I'd Rather Listen To Old Music Than Bad Music!


Old School Music Media Tshirts
Old School Music Media Tshirts by kchippie
Find other Music T-Shirts at zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment